It is very important to take it easy, rest and relax for the first week. Cold compresses for the first 72 hours help minimize bruising and swelling. Keeping the head elevated for the first few days also helps. Vigorous exercise should be avoided that first week as well. Many patients return to work in a few days. It may be an average of 7-10 days before most patients feel comfortable in social gatherings.
Restrictions will depend upon the procedure you have. You will be given post-procedure care instructions that are specific to your procedure. Please refer to that form for any restriction information.
We partner with local hotels that offer discounted rates for our patients. If you need accommodations we will be happy to assist you.
Non-invasive and non-surgical options including Botox, Dermal Fillers, and Laser Treatments may be good choices for patients who, for a variety of reasons, may not be ready for surgery. Learn more about the many alternatives to surgery in our Medical Esthetics section.
Medical Esthetics FAQ
A medical spa is a practice in which esthetic and medical treatments are delivered by licensed and qualified practitioners under the supervision of a licensed and board certified physician.
At Renew, we have licensed and expertly trained practitioners of every level; Oculofacial Surgeon, Physician Assistant, Certified Advanced Esthetician, and Licensed Esthetician. Our team is uniquely qualified to assist you in meeting your goals whether you’re just starting out on your rejuvenation journey or if you are ready to refresh how you look and feel through surgery. We offer a team of rejuvenation experts under one roof, providing you with a truly convenient and customized experience!
- How does Botox work? Botox® works by blocking the signal from the nerve to the muscles, preventing the treated muscle from contracting, thereby reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles formed by muscle contraction.
- How soon will I see results? Typically, patients see some results within 3-5 days of the treatment; however, the full effects are realized 3-4 weeks after treatment. The results of Botox tends to last 3-4 months.
- Is Botox safe? Botox® was FDA approved in the 1980s to treat a variety of medical conditions. Shortly thereafter, it was discovered that Botox® produced excellent cosmetic results for fine line and wrinkle reduction. The FDA approved Botox® for cosmetic use in 2002. All treatments offered at Renew Medical Spa are thoroughly vetted and implemented with patient safety as our top priority.
- How much does Botox cost? There is no standard amount of Botox used during a treatment. Each patient’s treatment is customized to their specific facial anatomy and rejuvenation goals. Treatments can range anywhere from 25 to 65 units on average, but more or less can be used for customized treatments.
Botox treats “dynamic” wrinkles or wrinkles that are formed by muscles moving, such as crow’s feet formed from smiling or squinting.
Dermal filler treats “static” wrinkles or folds that are formed by lax, aging skin or volume loss, such as the smile lines that run from the nose to the corners of the mouth.
- How do dermal fillers work? Dermal fillers can be used to augment and enhance facial features, restore facial volume that is lost over time, and improve the appearance of the hands by adding volume. Dermal filler provides the initial volume upon treatment, which is maintained over time as the filler retains water at the specific location of the treatment. The Dermal Fillers used at Renew Medical Spa are FDA approved, have a low risk of side effects, and can be reversed easily and rapidly if the desired results are not achieved.
- How much do Dermal Fillers cost? There is no standard amount of Dermal Filler used during a treatment. Additionally, there are different types of Dermal Fillers that can be used for different treatment areas or desired results. Each patient’s treatment is customized to their specific facial anatomy and rejuvenation goals
- What is BBL Photofacial? BBL Photofacial is a corrective phototherapy treatment that uses Broadband Light (BBL) to target signs of aging, sun damage, and other skin conditions. This process will help restore your skin to its natural beauty, making it clearer, smoother, and more vibrant.
- What is Forever Young BBL? Forever Young BBL is a phototherapy treatment using noninvasive pulses of BroadBand Light (BBL) therapy to target the signs of aging and sun damage. This treatment helps make skin clearer, smoother, healthier, and younger appearing. Forever Young BBL will help your skin look better over time.
- What is the difference between Forever Young BBL and BBL Photofacial? A BBL Photofacial is a corrective treatment for brown pigmentation and redness. Forever Young BBL can be done after a BBL Photofacial to maintain results and as an anti-aging preventative treatment.
- How many treatments will I need? Your provider will personalize a treatment plan. Multiple sessions are performed every 2-6 weeks until the desired result has been achieved. Usually 3 to 4 treatments are required for full correction, although additional treatments especially for rosacea and vascular sun damage, may be required.
- What areas of my body can be treated? All areas of the body can be treated. Long-term benefits of BBL are appreciated on all areas of the body
- How much does BBL/Forever young BBL cost? It depends on the treatment area. Average cost is $400.
- What is the Halo laser treatment? Halo is the world’s first hybrid fractional laser with unique dual wavelengths which applies tunable non-ablative (1470nm) and ablative (2940nm) wavelengths to the same microscopic treatment zone to maximize results and reduce downtime. The dual wavelengths allow the provider the ability to customize treatments for each individual based on their individual needs.
- What results can I expect? Halo is a complete skin rejuvenation treatment. You will see improvements in overall tone and texture in addition to significant removal of discoloration, reduction in fine lines, reduced pore size, skin reflectivity and glow.
- How many treatments do you need? What’s great about Halo is that you can choose how many treatments you want! Discuss with your provider your needs and you can choose to have one or two more aggressive treatments or have multiple treatments that are less aggressive and achieve a similar goal over a longer period of time.
- What happens during the treatment? Thirty minutes to an hour before the treatment your provider may place a topical anesthetic on your skin to reduce the sensation during the procedure. Prior to the treatment, the area will be measured with motion tracking technology to ensure the area is treated evenly. The provider will treat each measured section by rolling the Halo hand piece over the skin until the system recognizes the treatment is complete.
- What does Halo feel like? With a topical anesthetic and integrated cooling technology, most patients experience a feeling of heat with occasional prickling sensations, but are generally comfortable. After the treatment, most patients will continue to feel warm for an additional 30 to 60 minutes, or a bit longer with deeper treatment levels. We take measures to cool you off after your treatment.
- What is the downtime after Halo laser treatment? Halo Laser Treatment produces expected side effects, often referred to as “down-time”. The intensity and duration of your side effects depends on the aggressiveness of your treatment and your individual healing characteristics. Generally, patients who are treated more aggressively experience more intense and longer lasting side effects. Conversely, some patients who receive a less aggressive treatment may experience side effects of greater-than-expected magnitude. Notify your physician if the severity of your side effects becomes more than you expected.
- In addition, redness, swelling and pinpoint bleeding may also occur. You may experience more severe swelling around and below the eyes one-day post treatment. Occasionally, oozing can occur, in isolated areas, for a few days. You will notice some swelling and redness over the next few days. Swelling may be significant and cause some discomfort. The worst swelling is usually in the morning, particularly around the eyes.
- The skin will start to look “bronzed” and little dark dots will appear on the treated area. Some patients may also experience itching during the healing process. You may notice a “sandpaper” texture a few days after treatment. Your skin will feel dry, and begin to peel or flake. This treated tissue is working its way out of your body as new, fresh skin is regenerated. This sloughing skin is a normal result of Halo laser treatment; most patients complete this process in 5-7 days.
- How soon after my treatment can I return to normal activities? 5-7 days after a treatment on the face. (On other areas, such as neck/chest/hands/arms, or any area off the face where healing is slower, the process may take up to 2 weeks to feel smooth)
- When will I see results? You will see initial results seven days after your Halo treatment, but your skin will continue to improve over time. Most patients see the greatest pigmentary improvement in the first two to three weeks. This is followed by a dermal regeneration phase that continues to improve for months.
- How long will my results last? Halo results will last for years to come, but you should continue to keep your skin protected at all times using UV sunscreen to protect your new, healthy skin. Each additional Halo treatment you get will only improve the results, giving you even better looking skin.
- How much does a Halo treatment cost? Every Halo treatment is customized for your skin, and your lifestyle. Depending on your needs, your provider may recommend a single treatment, or a series of treatments.
- How does Laser Hair removal work? Forever Bare BBL from Sciton is a revolutionary technology in hair reduction. Traditionally, hair removal devices apply all of their energy to any given area all at once. Forever Bare BBL provides a treatment that is safe, fast, efficacious, and comfortable. The motion BBL technology allows for extremely even heating of hair follicles and minimizes missed areas that occur with traditional hair removal devices.
Does Laser Hair removal hurt? In addition to the motion BBL technology, the thermoelectrically cooled sapphire plate on the Forever Bare BBL hand piece provides continuous cooling, even at maximum power, to keep the skin cool and comfortable before, during and after treatment.
- How much does Laser Hair removal cost? It depends on the area that is treated.
- How do chemical peels improve the skin? Chemical peeling is a procedure that aims to accelerate skin exfoliation by the use of chemical substances resulting in renewed, healthier looking skin and more uniform complexion.
- Who can benefit from chemical peels? Chemical peels address the visible skin imperfections that result from skin aging and sun exposure, such as fine lines and wrinkles, uneven skin tone and texture. Peels also address skin tone unevenness, melasma, and acne.
- Who is the ideal candidate for a chemical peel? Chemical peels are appropriate for patients with mild-to-moderate skin imperfections that result from skin aging and sun exposure, such as fine lines and wrinkles, uneven skin tone and texture.
- What should I expect during the chemical peel? The peeling agents are applied uniformly over the entire face and neck, or different strengths can be combined to correct different skin problems. Tolerance to the procedure varies from patient to patient. Tingling or burning sensations are normal and expected reactions. A handheld fan can be used during the procedure to minimize discomfort, which usually subsides in a few minutes.
- How much do Chemical Peels cost? It depends of the type of chemical peel that is used, cost varies from $85-$300
- How do microdermabrasions improve the skin? Microdermabrasion is a procedure that aims to accelerate skin exfoliation by the use of a diamond-tip handpiece. At the same time, it will suction them off immediately. Resulting in renewed, healthier looking skin and more uniform complexion.
- Who can benefit from microdermabrasions? Microdermabrasion’s address the visible skin imperfections that result from skin aging and sun exposure, such as fine lines and wrinkles, uneven skin tone and texture. This treatment also address skin tone unevenness, melasma, and acne.
- Who is the ideal candidate for a microdermabrasion? Microdermabrasions are appropriate for patients with mild-to-moderate skin imperfections that result from skin aging and sun exposure, such as fine lines and wrinkles, uneven skin tone and texture.
- What is a microdermabrasion? Microdermabrasion is a minimally invasive procedure used to renew overall skin tone and texture. It can improve the appearance of sun damage, wrinkles, fine lines, age spots, acne scarring, melasma, and other skin-related concerns and conditions. The procedure uses a special applicator with an abrasive surface to gently remove away the thick outer layer of the skin to aide in rejuvenation
- How much does a microdermabrasion cost? An express is $80 and a full Microdermabrasion is $125
Research and Testing!
Simply put, over the counter products are not held to a certain standard that medical-grade products are. Medical-grade products are subjected to rigorous and extensive testing and clinical studies. What that means is that these products have years of research and data proving that they work, before they are even made available for you to purchase. Over the counter products do not have to have studies conducted or even years of research backing the formulation. Most over the counter skincare brands have no clinical studies or research behind it at ALL!
- Most recommended makeup line by dermatologists and plastic surgeons in the US
- Eco-friendly – multiple products have received ECOCERT’s natural and organic cosmetic certification or natural cosmetic certification
- Skin Cancer Foundation approved – multiple products have received the Skin Cancer Foundations recommendation
- Award winning – American Spa, Allure, Bazaar
- Cruelty free – cruelty free certified, recognized by PETA and The Leaping Bunny